Roving I Finds: Europe's Best Fall Deals

Photo: National Geographic
Even though we just left Italy, I'm ready to go back to Europe. This week I've been drooling over Provence thanks to a jaw-droppingly beautiful No Reservations episode on my DVR and a dwindling travel section at my local Borders store (RIP). The south of France is definitely in our consideration set for next summer's "big" trip, but it's probably about six months too early to start planning. I did, however, secretly check out a few Provence villa rental sites. Nothing wrong with a little head start!


If you have the luxury of taking a trip to Europe this fall, you're in luck. Low(er) season offers less crowded cities and beaches and cooler temps. It's a perfect time to hop the pond and the deals are in full swing. Here are just a few I came across this week:
  • FRANCE: Air France dropped rates to cities in France and other places in Europe for the months of August and September. Chicago to Paris checks in at $451 one way. Book by August 8th for travel through September 30th. 
  • CROATIA & SLOVENIA: Travelzoo.com is featuring a 9-night Croatia and Slovenia Tour for dates this fall and winter starting at $1499 pp. Includes air, some meals and four-star hotels each night.
  • IRELAND: Sceptre Tours has a phenomenal deal on a 6-night Estate Package including RT air, car rental and accommodations on the magnificent Adare Villa property for as low as $599 from JFK if you book by August 12th. Multiple dates and departures are available for slightly more.
  • SPAIN: Gate 1 Travel has a great, 8-day independent package for three stellar Spanish destinations - Madrid, Valencia and Barcelona. Includes air, hotel and rail for as low as $1149 for November to March dates. 
  • PRAGUE, VIENNA & BUDAPEST: European Destinations is offering a 6-night Air and High-Speed Rail package including two nights in each of these cities starting at $1309 for dates through November. 
On y va! More tomorrow! 

4 comments:

Jenn's Travelogue Blog said...

So many locations, so little time...

Jules8 said...

I know, Jenn. I could use a very lengthy sabbatical from the rest of my life!

shopgirl said...

Provence is gorgeous! It's really picturesque there....like out of a fairytale.

p.s. Just letting you know that I'm having a giveaway and I also, recently opened my etsy shop. Have a sweet day!

http://rambleswithreese.blogspot.com
http://rambleswithreese.etsy.com

Jules8 said...

Shopgirl-
Thanks for stopping by! I will check them out.

Post a Comment